Monday, March 6, 2017

Commence the drum roll, R80.10 is coming

According to some rumors, R80.10 release is due in about two or three weeks. Are you excited?

I am biting my nails off, waiting to share with you something amazing about new GW architecture. I have hinted in 2015 something interesting is coming, cannot wait any longer.

Also, GW release is tied to something else that is long overdue...

How is it on your side? Are you ready for R80.10? What do you expect? Will you upgrade right away? Are you planning training your engineers or you just throw them into the deep to swim?

Please do not hesitate to share in the comments all your thoughts, expectations, reservations, you name it. 

9 comments:

  1. I've been playing with the public EA releases and have been pretty happy with it so far. However, I'm only scratching the surface of the functionality it offers. My favorite feature right now is the rulebase layers as well as a fully unified access control rulebase (with apps and data included).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valeri,
    Does this mean that your book will be released? I am waiting for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be something even better. Stay tuned

      Delete
  3. R80.10 is great but I like more graphic of 77.30. What is drawback for us, standalone installation on 2012 models is not possible.

    Overall new functions are delightfull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely not supported in earlier public EAs, but I don't see this as a listed limitation. That said, I could see it still being an issue on some of the lower-end 2012 appliances due to the minimum RAM requirements for management (now 8gb).

      Delete
    2. Do you think it will change in GA? With 8Gb RAM 2012 models?

      Delete